Whether you want to achieve privacy, protect your car’s interior from sun damage, or look cool, car window tinting is a great way to customize your ride. But how do you decide with so many tint options, styles, and products to choose from?
Follow us as we highlight what matters most when selecting your ideal car window tint.
- Why Do You Need the Tint? First things first, think about why you need car window tint. Is the side glare too distracting? Are your seats getting too heated in the sun? Or do you just want more privacy for yourself and any valuables you might have in your vehicle? This will help you narrow your selections to what you need.
- Brand Choice. There are top-tier tint brands like 3M, which offer you exemplary performance across the board, and average brands that, while functional, have less appeal and durability. Ultimately, investing in a quality brand that adequately serves your needs would be best.
- Learn the Basics. There are several technical terms to familiarize yourself with when researching car window tints. In most cases, variable light transmittance (VLT) is the predominant technicality. It refers to the amount of external light that passes through a window’s tint. It plays a major role in determining the tint darkness; the lower the percentage, the darker the car window tint.
- State Regulations. North Carolina regulations stipulate that a car window tint should not be darker than 32% and should not extend more than 5 inches from the top of a windshield. Failure to follow these requirements can result in fines, removal orders, and failed traffic inspections.
- Engage a Pro. Finally, leveraging professional experience will help ensure you get the best product for your tinting needs and a defect-free installation. When you consult a 3M Authorized Dealer like us, you can rest assured you’ll soon be riding in style and comfort behind your perfect shade of tint!